Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New Year, New Resolutions



I can't believe I haven't contributed to this for over 6 months. It's been a crazy 2nd half of '08 - with the U.S. economy officially in a recession, several close friends laid off and my company doing 15% layoffs. It was a great year, and I'm grateful to still have a job - even if it's not doing what I love most. It's a new year, and I'm resolved to stay positive and keep the faith on good things to come.

I went back to my 2008 Resolutions and have listed them here, along with how I've fared:

1. Lose 10 pounds and keep it off. 5 preferably by March (more is better) - [No go. I was at 8 until post holiday!]
2. Spend more time with Ed [Yes!]
3. Work more effectively so I can spend more time with Ed [Yes!]
4. Try new recipes. At least one every 2 weeks [Yes! (at least it average out so)]
5. Drink less coffee. Go from 2x/wk slowly to 1x/wk. [Yes!]
6. Call parents and sister at least 1x/wk [Boo.]
7. Read! [Boo. Us Weekly doesn't count. Still only successful in reading roughly a book a quarter or so]
8. Start a club based on common interests with friends and be consistent in meeting [Yes! Iron Chef SJ and Ladies Who Brunch (even if we haven't met for LWB since July)]
9. Do not spend more that $200 per season on clothing/shoes [Umm, boo]
10. Subscribe to better magazines [Yes, if Shape counts!]
11. Start a blog [You're looking at it]
12. Develop a website (TBD on content) [Still no go]
13. Post pictures on Picasa [Yes!]

And now for my 2009 Resolutions:

Pachi’s 2009 Resolutions
1. Lose 10 lbs and don’t regain it during the holidays
2. Do yoga once a week
3. Find meaning in my work, but don’t sacrifice family for it
4. Work on average 8 hours a day
5. Date night with Ed at least once a week. With no distractions.
6. Call parents and sister at least 1x/wk
7. Read more – one book a month at the minimum
8. Develop my travel website
9. Re-initiate Ladies Who Brunch
10. Open my network – introduce myself to 1 new person per week
11. Buy less from the store, more from the Farmer’s market (fresh comes at a cost)
12. Try new recipes – with healthy variations
13. Drink water over coffee
14. Shop less, give more
15. Donate clothing I have not worn for over 2 years
16. Read the news (but know to filter)

Here's to 2009!

No comments: